Monday, August 8, 2011

Does a global flood make the whole Bible less credible? Davis Young, an Evangelical and geologist, wrote?

I know when I was in 6th grade, these questions began to trouble me. I was told how important it is to tell the truth and was shown how important is is to be logical, but when it came to this funny book, they seemed to throw all that out of the window. In addition, I knew the subject was one of the most important of all, since knowing what God expected of me was vital to my eternal safety! Talk about pressure! I don't believe I was such an unusual case concerning these topics and at about 7th grade, I decided the whole thing was purposely being distorted and evaded for emotional reasons. I became an agnostic until C.S. Lewis presented me with a logical defense of Christianity. I did not discover until many years later that he was defending a kind of Taoism and not Christianity. I still think the fundamentalist defense of any religion is its own worst argument and turns the majority of people away from the religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment